AUSTRALIA: Future Looks Brighter For Retail
A second Australian store has reported an increase in sales, prompting suggestions that the retail market is improving.
David Jones has announced a 2.5 per cent rise in third quarter sales which follows on from retail giant Coles Myer who reported an improved quarterly result.
Chief executive of David Jones, Peter Wilkinson, said the outlook for the fourth quarter, to the end of July was difficult to predict but he expected sales to pick up as the Christmas period approached.He said the result was a hint that the tide could be turning after a 1.1 per cent decline in the previous quarter.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack