US: G-III Apparel in European footwear licensing deal
G-III Apparel Group will introduce GH Bass-branded men's, women's and children's footwear in Europe as part of a multi-year licensing agreement with Overland Ltd.
Overland intends to sell GH Bass footwear primarily to department and speciality stores from autumn. A companion agreement also allows Overland to operate retail stores throughout Europe.
This is the second license women's wear manufacturer and distributor G-III has entered into since acquiring GH Bass from PVH Corp in November.
G-III chairman, president and CEO Morris Goldfarb said Overland's experience "gives us a strong foundation as we take advantage of opportunities to grow GH Bass in these important markets".
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The trend towards the dual sourcing of garments has accelerated since the middle of the last decade....
With its cheaper labour and resources, East Africa has already attracted foreign investment, particularly from Asia - as well as business from major international fashion brands and retailers....
G-III Apparel Group has teamed up with Karl Lagerfeld Group for the development of the US designer's namesake brand in the North American market....
PVH Corp saw its shares climb in after-hours trading as the US apparel giant published first-quarter earnings that beat analyst expectations, and lifted its full-year guidance....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at where 3D design and prototyping is heading for textiles and apparel, Brandix being named PVH's global supplier of the year, and an insig...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective