USA: G-III Apparel Income Soars By 115.6 Per Cent For Q2
G-III Apparel Group, Ltd (Nasdaq: GIII) today announced operating results for the three and six months ended July 31, 2000. For the three months ended July 31, 2000, net sales increased 42.5 per cent to $47.4m compared to $33.2m during the same period last year. Net income for the quarter increased to $3.4m, or $0.49 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1.6m, or $0.24 per diluted share, during the same period last year. For the six months ended July 31, 2000, net sales increased 38.9 per cent to $58m compared to $41.7m during the same period last year. Net income for the six-month period this year was $928,000, or $0.13 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1.8m, or $0.27 per diluted share, during the same period last year. Morris Goldfarb, CEO of G-III said: "This quarter's results mark the sixth consecutive quarter of year-over-year increases in operating results. The company's growth was fueled by strong improvements in both our licensed and non-licensed segments." Mr Goldfarb concluded: "Our order book remains well ahead of last year in both our licensed and non-licensed businesses. We believe the company's winning strategy of building upon its strong portfolio of brands has positioned us for further growth for the balance of fiscal 2001 and beyond."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack