USA: G-III Apparel Income Soars By 115.6 Per Cent For Q2
G-III Apparel Group, Ltd (Nasdaq: GIII) today announced operating results for the three and six months ended July 31, 2000. For the three months ended July 31, 2000, net sales increased 42.5 per cent to $47.4m compared to $33.2m during the same period last year. Net income for the quarter increased to $3.4m, or $0.49 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1.6m, or $0.24 per diluted share, during the same period last year. For the six months ended July 31, 2000, net sales increased 38.9 per cent to $58m compared to $41.7m during the same period last year. Net income for the six-month period this year was $928,000, or $0.13 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1.8m, or $0.27 per diluted share, during the same period last year. Morris Goldfarb, CEO of G-III said: "This quarter's results mark the sixth consecutive quarter of year-over-year increases in operating results. The company's growth was fueled by strong improvements in both our licensed and non-licensed segments." Mr Goldfarb concluded: "Our order book remains well ahead of last year in both our licensed and non-licensed businesses. We believe the company's winning strategy of building upon its strong portfolio of brands has positioned us for further growth for the balance of fiscal 2001 and beyond."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack