G-III Apparel increases interest in Karl Lagerfeld
G-III Apparel Group has increased its interest in designer brand Karl Lagerfeld by taking a 19% minority stake in the parent company.
The investment, the company says, will strengthen the partnership between G-III and the Karl Lagerfeld brand and extend their business development opportunities on a global scale.
The acquisition is in addition to G-III's ownership of a 49% interest in the North American joint venture, which holds rights to the Karl Lagerfeld trademarks for consumer products and apparel in the US, Canada and Mexico, signed last June. G-III is also the licensee of the joint venture for Karl Lagerfeld women's apparel, women's handbags and men's outerwear.
"We are very pleased to increase our strategic and financial commitment in Karl Lagerfeld, a true iconic fashion brand," said G-III CEO Morris Goldfarb. "We are proud to have been able to acquire these opportunities as a result of our market knowledge, category expertise and strong operational platform. Now, with our expanded partnership in Karl Lagerfeld, we look forward to helping chart its course forward and captivating a generation of new consumers around the world."
In the most recent second-quarter filings from US apparel and footwear brands and retailers, Tailored Brands showed improvement on Q1 but saw earnings slide, while DSW booked mixed results. Abercrombi...
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight into developments relating to the global apparel industry....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020