US: G-III Apparel inks licence for Ivanka Trump brand
Women's wear maker G-III Apparel Group has inked a licence agreement with IT Apparel II to develop the first collection of clothing under the Ivanka Trump brand.
Fashion model and businesswoman Ivanka Trump is also the owner of IT Apparel II, and her line will include sportswear, dresses, suits, suit separates, sleepwear, activewear, jeanswear and intimates.
The first collection will be available at department and specialty stores in the US, Canada and Mexico for spring/summer 2014.
"The Ivanka Trump brand will capture the next generation of young, confident and sophisticated women as they make their mark on the world," said Morris Goldfarb, G-III chairman and CEO.
The clothing company, which also has fashion licenses under the Calvin Klein, Sean John, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan and Jessica Simpson brands, last week raised its full-year earnings guidance after booking a 10.8% increase in third-quarter net profit.
Yesterday (13 May) was a big day for the Bangladesh garment industry, with retailers finally signing an agreement to improve fire safety in the country's ready-made garment industry after two years of...
Labour rights groups and unions have stepped up their calls for urgent action to improve worker health and safety in Bangladesh's ready-made garment industry, as the death toll from the collapsed Rana...
G-III Apparel Group increased its full-year earnings and revenue forecasts after returning to profitability in the company's first quarter....
UK-based software provider DeSL is partnering with Swedish IT consultancy iStone as its Fashion PLM partner....
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
Two more European retailers have this-afternoon signed up to the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh, which aims to improve safety conditions in supplier factories....
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020