US: G-III Apparel Q1 earnings and sales climb
- Q1 net income up 18.2%
- Net sales climb 34%
G-III Apparel Group has booked an increase in first-quarter profit and upped its sales and earnings guidance for the full year.
In the three months to the end of April, net income amounted to US$1.3m, an 18.2% increase on earnings of $1.1m in the prior year. The results included expenses related to the transition and repositioning of its recently acquired GH Bass business.
Net sales increased 34% to $366.2m from $272.6m in the year-ago period. Of this, $44.2m represented sales from GH Bass, acquired in November last year.
"We finished the quarter with good momentum, clean inventories and a solid mix of growth opportunities," said CEO Morris Goldfarb. "There were strong performances by a number of our Calvin Klein divisions, Vilebrequin and several of our dress businesses, all of which enabled us to exceed our forecast for the first quarter."
The company said it is now forecasting net sales of around $2.06bn and net income of between $87.9m and $91.2n. This compares to its previous guidance of net sales of $2.05bn and net income of between $85.2m and $88.5m.
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word 'linge' for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial re...
India is one of the most attractive retail targets globally and represents a huge untapped market for lingerie. The term lingerie is mainly used for fashionable and alluring undergarments. Novelty, an...
US apparel giant PVH Corp has said it is "pleased" with its fourth-quarter performance which saw it swing to a net profit, despite the challenging market environment and foreign currency headwinds....
Plimsoll Publishing’s UNDERWEAR MANUFACTURERS (Global) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UNDERWEAR MANUFACTURERS (Global) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape