US: G-III Apparel Q1 earnings and sales climb
- Q1 net income up 18.2%
- Net sales climb 34%
G-III Apparel Group has booked an increase in first-quarter profit and upped its sales and earnings guidance for the full year.
In the three months to the end of April, net income amounted to US$1.3m, an 18.2% increase on earnings of $1.1m in the prior year. The results included expenses related to the transition and repositioning of its recently acquired GH Bass business.
Net sales increased 34% to $366.2m from $272.6m in the year-ago period. Of this, $44.2m represented sales from GH Bass, acquired in November last year.
"We finished the quarter with good momentum, clean inventories and a solid mix of growth opportunities," said CEO Morris Goldfarb. "There were strong performances by a number of our Calvin Klein divisions, Vilebrequin and several of our dress businesses, all of which enabled us to exceed our forecast for the first quarter."
The company said it is now forecasting net sales of around $2.06bn and net income of between $87.9m and $91.2n. This compares to its previous guidance of net sales of $2.05bn and net income of between $85.2m and $88.5m.
Lingerie is a term used for women's innerwear. It originated from the French word 'linge' for linen. Though in French the term is used for both male and female undergarments, in English it is solely u...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial re...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
US apparel giant PVH Corp has said it is "pleased" with its fourth-quarter performance which saw it swing to a net profit, despite the challenging market environment and foreign currency headwinds....
India is one of the most attractive retail targets globally and represents a huge untapped market for lingerie. The term lingerie is mainly used for fashionable and alluring undergarments. Novelty, an...
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Manufacturing in China falls to 15-month low
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Millennials "changing the game" for hosiery
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020