US: G-III buys Vilebrequin swimwear in EUR85.5m deal
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One in a deal worth EUR85.5m (US$106.2m).
The purchase price includes a cash payment of EUR70.5m and EUR15m in promissory notes, with an additional EUR22.5m in future payments based on certain performance objectives over the three years ended 2015.
Vilebrequin sells its products through a network of 185 owned and franchised speciality retail stores and through select wholesale distribution. It reported sales of EUR45.1m in the year ended 31 December.
"We have stated publicly our desire to own a global brand," said G-III chairman and CEO Morris Goldfarb.
"An opportunity to acquire a pre-eminent luxury brand such as Vilebrequin does not happen very often. Vilebrequin sets a global standard for excellence and commands exceptional loyalty at a premium price in each of its markets.
"We believe that this brand is very powerful and expect to add more retail locations throughout the world, as well as develop the business beyond its heritage in men's swimwear, accessories and resort-wear.
"We have assembled a world class luxury brand management team, led by Roland Herlory, who we are confident can extend and expand Vilebrequin into a diversified global luxury brand."
New CEO Herlory was most recently managing director of Hermes' Latin American and Caribbean territories.
Current Petit Bateau chairman and Moncler board member Christian Blanckaert will become chairman of Vilebrequin's newly established advisory board. And Fashion Fund co-founder Adu Advaney will join the board as vice president.
G-III also owns the Andrew Marc, Marc New York and Marc Moto brands, as well as fashion licenses under the Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Guess?, Jones New York, Nine West, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi's and Dockers brands.
Women's wear maker G-III Apparel Group has inked a licence agreement with fashion model and businesswoman Ivanka Trump to develop sportswear, dresses, suits, suit separates, sleepwear, activewear, jea...
Clothing manufacturer G-III Apparel Group has raised its full-year earnings guidance after booking a 10.8% increase in third-quarter net profit....
Lululemon Athletica has reached an agreement with Calvin Klein and its licensee G-III Apparel Group to resolve a lawsuit relating to yoga pant designs. ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Hong Kong industry pins future on innovation
- Asian union development: is there another way?
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019