NETHERLANDS: G-Star publishes interactive manufacturing map
Fashion business G-Star has published an interactive manufacturing map showing its production countries and factories in a move it hopes will improve transparency in its supply chain.
The map, published on its website, shows the firm's production countries, factory locations, supplier information and projects supported by its GSRD Foundation.
It includes all direct suppliers that G-Star has had a business relationship with for more than two years. This includes 27 factories that together cover over 95% of G-Star's production volume.
"With publishing the names and locations of our suppliers, G-Star takes a next step in transparency," a spokesperson for the company said. "This way we aim to highlight to our customers that all our products are manufactured to high social and environmental standards, and to promote a more transparent and ultimately more sustainable garment industry."
Through G-Star's online store, consumers can see where each product is manufactured by clicking on the ‘produced by' button that redirects to the relevant supplier in the map. This function has been added to all products sold in the online store as of spring/summer 2014.
"Our supply chain partners play an important role in reaching our goal to make a strong product in a sustainable way. We are proud of the products we manufacture together with our suppliers and of the trustworthy and long-term relationships we have built up with them," the spokesperson added.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Uniqlo owner highlights supplier factory progress
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019