NETHERLANDS: G-Star publishes interactive manufacturing map
Fashion business G-Star has published an interactive manufacturing map showing its production countries and factories in a move it hopes will improve transparency in its supply chain.
The map, published on its website, shows the firm's production countries, factory locations, supplier information and projects supported by its GSRD Foundation.
It includes all direct suppliers that G-Star has had a business relationship with for more than two years. This includes 27 factories that together cover over 95% of G-Star's production volume.
"With publishing the names and locations of our suppliers, G-Star takes a next step in transparency," a spokesperson for the company said. "This way we aim to highlight to our customers that all our products are manufactured to high social and environmental standards, and to promote a more transparent and ultimately more sustainable garment industry."
Through G-Star's online store, consumers can see where each product is manufactured by clicking on the ‘produced by' button that redirects to the relevant supplier in the map. This function has been added to all products sold in the online store as of spring/summer 2014.
"Our supply chain partners play an important role in reaching our goal to make a strong product in a sustainable way. We are proud of the products we manufacture together with our suppliers and of the trustworthy and long-term relationships we have built up with them," the spokesperson added.
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details