UK: GA Europe sells Shoon in management buy-out
Retail restructuring specialist GA Europe has sold its investment in multichannel footwear specialist Shoon as part of a management buyout.
Ken Bartle and Peter Phillips purchased the firm, which collapsed into administration on 6 February, for an undisclosed sum.
Bartle and Phillips have agreed to acquire all of GA's interest in Shoon, including its debt.
GA Europe, which supported the management buyout, will provide funding for working capital and development of the business, as well as taking a direct equity stake, it said.
"We are delighted that Ken Bartle and Peter Phillips will be supporting Shoon in the next phase of its development," said GA Europe chief executive Gavin George. "We've enabled management to re-platform the business and complete the heavy restructuring necessary in the two years post administration."
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Li & Fung divests Asia distribution business
- US looks to boost trade with Sri Lanka
- US Q1 in brief: VF Corp, Carter's, Skechers
- Vietnam textile sector calls for strategy update
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard