UK: GA Europe sells Shoon in management buy-out
Retail restructuring specialist GA Europe has sold its investment in multichannel footwear specialist Shoon as part of a management buyout.
Ken Bartle and Peter Phillips purchased the firm, which collapsed into administration on 6 February, for an undisclosed sum.
Bartle and Phillips have agreed to acquire all of GA's interest in Shoon, including its debt.
GA Europe, which supported the management buyout, will provide funding for working capital and development of the business, as well as taking a direct equity stake, it said.
"We are delighted that Ken Bartle and Peter Phillips will be supporting Shoon in the next phase of its development," said GA Europe chief executive Gavin George. "We've enabled management to re-platform the business and complete the heavy restructuring necessary in the two years post administration."
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019