UK: GA Europe sells Shoon in management buy-out
Retail restructuring specialist GA Europe has sold its investment in multichannel footwear specialist Shoon as part of a management buyout.
Ken Bartle and Peter Phillips purchased the firm, which collapsed into administration on 6 February, for an undisclosed sum.
Bartle and Phillips have agreed to acquire all of GA's interest in Shoon, including its debt.
GA Europe, which supported the management buyout, will provide funding for working capital and development of the business, as well as taking a direct equity stake, it said.
"We are delighted that Ken Bartle and Peter Phillips will be supporting Shoon in the next phase of its development," said GA Europe chief executive Gavin George. "We've enabled management to re-platform the business and complete the heavy restructuring necessary in the two years post administration."
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory