UK: GA Europe sells Shoon in management buy-out
Retail restructuring specialist GA Europe has sold its investment in multichannel footwear specialist Shoon as part of a management buyout.
Ken Bartle and Peter Phillips purchased the firm, which collapsed into administration on 6 February, for an undisclosed sum.
Bartle and Phillips have agreed to acquire all of GA's interest in Shoon, including its debt.
GA Europe, which supported the management buyout, will provide funding for working capital and development of the business, as well as taking a direct equity stake, it said.
"We are delighted that Ken Bartle and Peter Phillips will be supporting Shoon in the next phase of its development," said GA Europe chief executive Gavin George. "We've enabled management to re-platform the business and complete the heavy restructuring necessary in the two years post administration."
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019