USA: Gadzooks Goes Sweet On Candie's Brand Apparel
Candie's, Inc (Nasdaq NMS symbol: CAND) today announced that it has entered into an exclusive apparel license agreement with Gadzooks, Inc. Under the terms of the agreement, Gadzooks will exclusively offer categories of apparel and swimwear under the CANDIE'S label in Gadzooks specialty retail stores. Candie's apparel under license with Gadzooks will be available starting October 15, 2000. Neil Cole, Candie's chairman and CEO stated, "This agreement is mutually beneficial to both companies. It brings Candie's closer to reaching its objective, which is to focus the company's in-house efforts on footwear and marketing, and allows Gadzooks to continue to build its branded apparel business. "The licensing partnership with Gadzooks allows us to begin implementing a successful apparel strategy for the Candie's brand without the additional resources required to operate Candie's jeanswear through our apparel joint venture." Commenting from Gadzooks, Paula Masters, senior vice president of merchandising stated, "The popularity of the Candie's brand fits in well with our branded apparel strategy. We continue to refine our national and teen brand name product assortments, and Candie's will compliment and strengthen our junior apparel offerings, which include DKNY Jeans and Guess."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective