USA: Gadzooks Goes Sweet On Candie's Brand Apparel
Candie's, Inc (Nasdaq NMS symbol: CAND) today announced that it has entered into an exclusive apparel license agreement with Gadzooks, Inc. Under the terms of the agreement, Gadzooks will exclusively offer categories of apparel and swimwear under the CANDIE'S label in Gadzooks specialty retail stores. Candie's apparel under license with Gadzooks will be available starting October 15, 2000. Neil Cole, Candie's chairman and CEO stated, "This agreement is mutually beneficial to both companies. It brings Candie's closer to reaching its objective, which is to focus the company's in-house efforts on footwear and marketing, and allows Gadzooks to continue to build its branded apparel business. "The licensing partnership with Gadzooks allows us to begin implementing a successful apparel strategy for the Candie's brand without the additional resources required to operate Candie's jeanswear through our apparel joint venture." Commenting from Gadzooks, Paula Masters, senior vice president of merchandising stated, "The popularity of the Candie's brand fits in well with our branded apparel strategy. We continue to refine our national and teen brand name product assortments, and Candie's will compliment and strengthen our junior apparel offerings, which include DKNY Jeans and Guess."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Dillard's, Macy's, Walmart
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar