USA: Gadzooks Goes Sweet On Candie's Brand Apparel
Candie's, Inc (Nasdaq NMS symbol: CAND) today announced that it has entered into an exclusive apparel license agreement with Gadzooks, Inc. Under the terms of the agreement, Gadzooks will exclusively offer categories of apparel and swimwear under the CANDIE'S label in Gadzooks specialty retail stores. Candie's apparel under license with Gadzooks will be available starting October 15, 2000. Neil Cole, Candie's chairman and CEO stated, "This agreement is mutually beneficial to both companies. It brings Candie's closer to reaching its objective, which is to focus the company's in-house efforts on footwear and marketing, and allows Gadzooks to continue to build its branded apparel business. "The licensing partnership with Gadzooks allows us to begin implementing a successful apparel strategy for the Candie's brand without the additional resources required to operate Candie's jeanswear through our apparel joint venture." Commenting from Gadzooks, Paula Masters, senior vice president of merchandising stated, "The popularity of the Candie's brand fits in well with our branded apparel strategy. We continue to refine our national and teen brand name product assortments, and Candie's will compliment and strengthen our junior apparel offerings, which include DKNY Jeans and Guess."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar