HONG KONG: Gagan To Increase Mango Investment By 30%
According to Gagan CEO Kesri Kapur, the Hong Kong market could potentially support up to 10 Mango stores, provoking spending of US$1.5 million in the next year.
However, he said the brand's Hong Kong expansion had not been without difficulty.
"We had to close our store in central (Hong Kong) because of renovation work at The Landmark but we expect to reopen by next May or June," he said.
"The Sars outbreak also delayed our plans to have a Sogo store."
Gagan, a unit of Singapore-based retailer RSH Ltd, has invested about US$5m to date in expanding Mango in Hong Kong.
They are stylish, young Far-Eastern fashion designers and they are helping to seal the fate of European and US apparel makers. Only these particular designers are employed not to come up with original...
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
Although Ukraine has the potential to be the top East European clothing supplier to Western Europe, the industry's growth is hampered by a lack of foreign investment. But this could be about to change...
Spanish fashion chain Mango is opening eight new outlets in Mexico this year, Latin American News Digest reported....
Mango, the fast-growing Spanish women's fashion chain, intends to open 100 stores this year when it forecasts revenues will rise 5% to EUR1.2bn (US$1.4bn)....
Spanish fashion retailer Mango is to use Lectra's product lifecycle management (PLM) solution to help develop, manage and control its collections....
Spain's airport authority Aena has awarded Zara and Mango a concession to exploit more than 1,200m2 of retail space at Madrid Barajas' new international terminal, just-style has learned....
Spanish women's apparel chain Mango plans to open 40 stores in Poland by 2011 to make it its second-biggest market in Eastern Europe, a company spokesman told just-style....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020