FRANCE: Galeries Lafayette in counter-offer for Printemps
Galeries Lafayette has made a counter-offer to acquire its French department store rival Printemps, after an earlier EUR1.8bn (US$2.35bn) bid was turned down.
Last week, just-style reported that Italian investment group Borletti was in exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its 70% stake in Printemps.
Borletti controls the remaining 30% of the chain's capital and has first refusal on Rreef's stake. It is partnered in its bid by unidentified Qatari investors.
Galeries Lafayette is proposing to team up with these same investors, whose involvement would focus on the property aspect of the acquisition. The
retailer would manage the Printemps stores, combining them with its own but maintaining two separate brands.
When contacted by just-style, a spokesperson for Galeries Lafayette confirmed the plans.
"Our intention is to develop a retail project based around Paris as a world-ranking tourist attraction and the French way of life."
US clothing company Fifth & Pacific has admitted its second quarter results were weaker than expected as sales growth slipped at its denim label Lucky Brand....
Galeries Lafayette is expected to show a good performance over the forecast period and even open some new outlets. This is mainly due to the visits of foreign tourists (in its flagship store in Paris)...
Qatar-backed Tamburi Investment Partners (TIP) has completed its acquisition of French department store chain Printemps, in a deal that is estimated to be worth EUR1.8bn (US$2.4bn)....
The report provides a review of M&As, capital-raising, partnering deals, and agreements entered into by retail companies during December 2012....
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey