FRANCE: Galeries Lafayette in counter-offer for Printemps
Galeries Lafayette has made a counter-offer to acquire its French department store rival Printemps, after an earlier EUR1.8bn (US$2.35bn) bid was turned down.
Last week, just-style reported that Italian investment group Borletti was in exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its 70% stake in Printemps.
Borletti controls the remaining 30% of the chain's capital and has first refusal on Rreef's stake. It is partnered in its bid by unidentified Qatari investors.
Galeries Lafayette is proposing to team up with these same investors, whose involvement would focus on the property aspect of the acquisition. The
retailer would manage the Printemps stores, combining them with its own but maintaining two separate brands.
When contacted by just-style, a spokesperson for Galeries Lafayette confirmed the plans.
"Our intention is to develop a retail project based around Paris as a world-ranking tourist attraction and the French way of life."
US clothing company Fifth & Pacific has admitted its second quarter results were weaker than expected as sales growth slipped at its denim label Lucky Brand....
Galeries Lafayette is expected to show a good performance over the forecast period and even open some new outlets. This is mainly due to the visits of foreign tourists (in its flagship store in Paris)...
Qatar-backed Tamburi Investment Partners (TIP) has completed its acquisition of French department store chain Printemps, in a deal that is estimated to be worth EUR1.8bn (US$2.4bn)....
The report provides a review of M&As, capital-raising, partnering deals, and agreements entered into by retail companies during December 2012....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead