FRANCE: Galeries Lafayette in counter-offer for Printemps
Galeries Lafayette has made a counter-offer to acquire its French department store rival Printemps, after an earlier EUR1.8bn (US$2.35bn) bid was turned down.
Last week, just-style reported that Italian investment group Borletti was in exclusive negotiations with Deutsche Bank's real estate arm, Rreef, to acquire its 70% stake in Printemps.
Borletti controls the remaining 30% of the chain's capital and has first refusal on Rreef's stake. It is partnered in its bid by unidentified Qatari investors.
Galeries Lafayette is proposing to team up with these same investors, whose involvement would focus on the property aspect of the acquisition. The
retailer would manage the Printemps stores, combining them with its own but maintaining two separate brands.
When contacted by just-style, a spokesperson for Galeries Lafayette confirmed the plans.
"Our intention is to develop a retail project based around Paris as a world-ranking tourist attraction and the French way of life."
US clothing company Fifth & Pacific has admitted its second quarter results were weaker than expected as sales growth slipped at its denim label Lucky Brand....
Qatar-backed Tamburi Investment Partners (TIP) has completed its acquisition of French department store chain Printemps, in a deal that is estimated to be worth EUR1.8bn (US$2.4bn)....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis