FRANCE: Galeries Lafayette Q2 Sales Slip 1.5%
Department store chain Galeries Lafayette SA on Wednesday posted a 1.5 per cent slip in second quarter revenue to 1.29 billon euros from 1.31 billion euros in the same period of last year. The company blamed a series of strikes by public sector workers, weak markets and a fall in overseas visitor numbers to its flagship Paris store for the sales slide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"