MOROCCO: Galeries Lafayette set to return to Casablanca
French department store chain Galeries Lafayette has signed a partnership agreement with Aksal which gives the Moroccan retail group exclusive operating rights to its brand in Morocco.
The agreement makes provision for a 13,000 square metre three-storey Galeries Lafayette store in Casablanca as part of Aksal's 'Morocco Mall' retail complex.
The Morocco Mall project is due to open towards the end of 2010, and is attracting just under EUR200m (US$253.46m) from investors.
Galeries Lafayette opened a store in Casablanca, the former French colony's economic capital, in the 1920s but it was closed more than 35 years ago.
The chain is aiming to generate an annual turnover of around EUR50m at the new store.
By Stuart Todd.
Brazil is determined to raise its presence on the world's fashion stage, with a trade show in Belo Horizonte claiming to challenge the high profile Fashion Weeks in Sao Paulo and Rio. But, as Jozef De...
Spanish retail clothing giant Inditex has launched its Pull and Bear concept in China, opening its first store in Beijing....
Inditex's Massimo Dutti chain has launched its first stores in Colombia and the Philippines....
First quarter profit at Limited Brands Inc, operator of the Victoria's Secret, Pink and La Senza stores, tumbled 92.8% - but widespread cost-cutting efforts meant this was better than had been expecte...
Söktas Turkey, one of the world's leading manufacturers of shirting fabric, today (12 May) opened a new US$45m factory in India to supply material to ready-made garment producers in South East Asia....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' April 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Inditex SA, one of the world's largest clothing retailers and owner of the Zara, Pull and Bear, Bershka snd Oysho chains, is centralising its global logistics on single web platform....
Japan's foremost ambassador of the 'Hello Kitty' brand character is about to get its biggest endorsement yet from apparel giant Zara....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Italian wages and conditions deteriorate
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024