MOROCCO: Galeries Lafayette set to return to Casablanca
French department store chain Galeries Lafayette has signed a partnership agreement with Aksal which gives the Moroccan retail group exclusive operating rights to its brand in Morocco.
The agreement makes provision for a 13,000 square metre three-storey Galeries Lafayette store in Casablanca as part of Aksal's 'Morocco Mall' retail complex.
The Morocco Mall project is due to open towards the end of 2010, and is attracting just under EUR200m (US$253.46m) from investors.
Galeries Lafayette opened a store in Casablanca, the former French colony's economic capital, in the 1920s but it was closed more than 35 years ago.
The chain is aiming to generate an annual turnover of around EUR50m at the new store.
By Stuart Todd.
Brazil is determined to raise its presence on the world's fashion stage, with a trade show in Belo Horizonte claiming to challenge the high profile Fashion Weeks in Sao Paulo and Rio. But, as Jozef De...
Spanish retail clothing giant Inditex has launched its Pull and Bear concept in China, opening its first store in Beijing....
Inditex's Massimo Dutti chain has launched its first stores in Colombia and the Philippines....
First quarter profit at Limited Brands Inc, operator of the Victoria's Secret, Pink and La Senza stores, tumbled 92.8% - but widespread cost-cutting efforts meant this was better than had been expecte...
Söktas Turkey, one of the world's leading manufacturers of shirting fabric, today (12 May) opened a new US$45m factory in India to supply material to ready-made garment producers in South East Asia....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' April 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Inditex SA, one of the world's largest clothing retailers and owner of the Zara, Pull and Bear, Bershka snd Oysho chains, is centralising its global logistics on single web platform....
Japan's foremost ambassador of the 'Hello Kitty' brand character is about to get its biggest endorsement yet from apparel giant Zara....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Colombia - ISA Country Report