MOROCCO: Galeries Lafayette set to return to Casablanca
French department store chain Galeries Lafayette has signed a partnership agreement with Aksal which gives the Moroccan retail group exclusive operating rights to its brand in Morocco.
The agreement makes provision for a 13,000 square metre three-storey Galeries Lafayette store in Casablanca as part of Aksal's 'Morocco Mall' retail complex.
The Morocco Mall project is due to open towards the end of 2010, and is attracting just under EUR200m (US$253.46m) from investors.
Galeries Lafayette opened a store in Casablanca, the former French colony's economic capital, in the 1920s but it was closed more than 35 years ago.
The chain is aiming to generate an annual turnover of around EUR50m at the new store.
By Stuart Todd.
Brazil is determined to raise its presence on the world's fashion stage, with a trade show in Belo Horizonte claiming to challenge the high profile Fashion Weeks in Sao Paulo and Rio. But, as Jozef De...
Spanish retail clothing giant Inditex has launched its Pull and Bear concept in China, opening its first store in Beijing....
Inditex's Massimo Dutti chain has launched its first stores in Colombia and the Philippines....
First quarter profit at Limited Brands Inc, operator of the Victoria's Secret, Pink and La Senza stores, tumbled 92.8% - but widespread cost-cutting efforts meant this was better than had been expecte...
Söktas Turkey, one of the world's leading manufacturers of shirting fabric, today (12 May) opened a new US$45m factory in India to supply material to ready-made garment producers in South East Asia....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' April 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Inditex SA, one of the world's largest clothing retailers and owner of the Zara, Pull and Bear, Bershka snd Oysho chains, is centralising its global logistics on single web platform....
Japan's foremost ambassador of the 'Hello Kitty' brand character is about to get its biggest endorsement yet from apparel giant Zara....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019