MOROCCO: Galeries Lafayette set to return to Casablanca
French department store chain Galeries Lafayette has signed a partnership agreement with Aksal which gives the Moroccan retail group exclusive operating rights to its brand in Morocco.
The agreement makes provision for a 13,000 square metre three-storey Galeries Lafayette store in Casablanca as part of Aksal's 'Morocco Mall' retail complex.
The Morocco Mall project is due to open towards the end of 2010, and is attracting just under EUR200m (US$253.46m) from investors.
Galeries Lafayette opened a store in Casablanca, the former French colony's economic capital, in the 1920s but it was closed more than 35 years ago.
The chain is aiming to generate an annual turnover of around EUR50m at the new store.
By Stuart Todd.
Brazil is determined to raise its presence on the world's fashion stage, with a trade show in Belo Horizonte claiming to challenge the high profile Fashion Weeks in Sao Paulo and Rio. But, as Jozef De...
Spanish retail clothing giant Inditex has launched its Pull and Bear concept in China, opening its first store in Beijing....
Inditex's Massimo Dutti chain has launched its first stores in Colombia and the Philippines....
First quarter profit at Limited Brands Inc, operator of the Victoria's Secret, Pink and La Senza stores, tumbled 92.8% - but widespread cost-cutting efforts meant this was better than had been expecte...
Söktas Turkey, one of the world's leading manufacturers of shirting fabric, today (12 May) opened a new US$45m factory in India to supply material to ready-made garment producers in South East Asia....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' April 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Inditex SA, one of the world's largest clothing retailers and owner of the Zara, Pull and Bear, Bershka snd Oysho chains, is centralising its global logistics on single web platform....
Japan's foremost ambassador of the 'Hello Kitty' brand character is about to get its biggest endorsement yet from apparel giant Zara....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015