USA: Galey & Lord Retains Restructuring Firm A&M
The company, which makes textiles for sportswear including cotton casuals, denim and corduroy, said A&M managing director Peter Briggs will serve as chief restructuring officer and report to its chairman and CEO Arthur Wiener.
It added Briggs and A&M have been brought in to help accelerate its emergence from bankruptcy. The firm filed for Chapter 11 in February.
"Galey & Lord is at a critical stage in its bankruptcy proceedings as we work toward finalising our business plan, plan of reorganisation and exit strategy," Wiener stated.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack