USA: Galey & Lord Sales Down 16 Per Cent
Galey & Lord, Inc announced today net sales for the third quarter of fiscal 2001 of $220.2m, a decrease of 16 per cent from the $262.2m of net sales for the third quarter of fiscal 2000 (June quarter 2000). The Company's net income for the June quarter 2001 would have been $1.7m or $.14 per common share, excluding run-out costs associated with the company's strategic initiatives announced on September 20, 2000, compared to net income for the June quarter 2000 of $2.5m or $.21 per common share. Including the run-out charges related to the strategic initiatives, the company reported net income for the June quarter 2001 of $0.8m or $.07 per share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts