USA: Galey & Lord To Use New Nano-Tex Fabric Technology
Galey & Lord, Inc (NYSE: GNL) announced today that it has partnered with Nano-Tex, LLC to use molecular technology in fabric production. Under this agreement, Galey & Lord will use the Nano-Care technology on a variety of cotton and cotton-blended fabrics that will be both wrinkle resistant and water-and-oil repellant. Sample yardage is available and mill representatives are scheduling appointments with targeted customers.
Nano-Care maintains the natural feel of the cotton and does not diminish its softness, durability or breathability. Lab tests show that Nano-Care fabrics retain their wrinkle resistant and water-and-oil repellant properties through the typical life of a garment.
Arthur C Wiener, chairman and CEO said: "We are excited to be a part of this exciting new technology. Our partnership with Nano-Tex will expand our ability to provide innovative products to our customers. We believe the extraordinary performance of these products will have strong appeal to consumers."
About Galey & Lord
Galey & Lord is a leading global manufacturer of textiles for sportswear, including cotton casuals, denim and corduroy, as well as a major international manufacturer of workwear fabrics. In order to offer sportswear customers a complete package of fabrics and garments from one source, the Company provides garment manufacturing from its owned and operated garment facilities. The company also manufactures dyed and printed fabrics for use in home fashions.
Nano-Tex, LLC (www.nano-tex.com) is a research company developing cutting edge molecular technology for solutions in textiles. Research and development is based in Emeryville, California with executive offices in Greensboro, NC. Nano-Tex is a privately held company with Burlington Industries, Inc having majority ownership.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Sporting goods maker adidas has tapped Nano-Tex to add a new level of comfort to shorts and pants in its Yocum activewear line....
New Balance Performance Outerwear, the newest licensee of New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc, has teamed up with Nano-Tex to fuse fashion and performance in its new, vintage-inspired Circa V outerwear line...
International textile companies including Zegna, Marzotto, and Ziche are to meet in Padua, Italy, next month to discuss the benefits of nanotechnologies in helping their businesses stay ahead of the c...
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022