SWEDEN: Gant appoints Kelly to head up wholesale
Swedish retailer Gant has appointed industry executive Steven Kelly as head of its wholesale division for UK and Ireland.
Kelly has extensive wholesale fashion experience having worked previously at Wolsey, Marc O'Polo, DKNY and Fred Perry.
He will be responsible for all of Gant's wholesale operations, leading and directing the teams selling men's wear, women's wear, kid's wear, and homeware, as well as developing some of the firm's key license businesses. The latter the company plans to increase its focus on, including footwear, underwear and accessories.
"Having reviewed our commercial structure and given the importance of developing our wholesale business, we have strengthened our wholesale team in order to deliver our plans over the next few years. We are delighted to have Steven on board and look forward to the continued growth of Gant," said MD Fergus Patterson.
Former Diane von Furstenberg (DVF) president Paula Sutter has been appointed as CEO of TSG Fashion, a unit of investment firm TSG Consumer Partners....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis