SWEDEN: Gant appoints Stoppelenburg as CEO
Dirk-Jan Stoppelenburg has been appointed CEO of Gant, the Swedish fashion firm that last week received a US$811.4m buyout bid from Swiss Lacoste-brand owner Maus Freres SA.
His most recent position was as managing director of Tetra Pak Benelux and he has extensive experience from senior positions in global companies, the company said.
Stoppelenburg will assume his new position not later than 1 July, with Gant's CFO Henrik Fredin functioning as acting CEO until then.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
French fashion brand Façonnable has named Yonni Mrejen as vice president of its US retail and operations....
Upmarket sportswear firm Lacoste has appointed Christophe Chenut to the post of chief executive officer (CEO), effective 1 April 2008....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts