SWEDEN: Gant makes Asian inroads with Li & Fung Retail unit
Swedish fashion company Gant has signed contracts with retailer Branded Lifestyle to launch the brand in Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia and Thailand.
Branded Lifestyle, a Li & Fung Retail subsidiary, plans to establish a number of Gant franchise stores in each country during the spring and summer of 2007.
Gant president Arthur Engel said: "We are very pleased that our new partner in South Korea is already accelerating its activities relating to Gant in Southeast Asia. Li & Fung Retail has a strong reputation and indepth knowledge of the market. Its plans for Gant demonstrate the company's belief in the brand."
Branded Lifestyle already distributes leading brands to more than 70 sales points in South Korea and the rest of Southeast Asia.
Italian lingerie brand La Perla is to cash in on India's exploding retail market after signing an exclusive deal with Murjani Group....
Upmarket fashion brand Calvin Klein is planning to open its first East Asian store in Beijing, president Tom Murry was quoted by the Wall Street Journal as saying....
The acquisition of the Calvin Klein Jeans business in Europe and Asia (CKJEA) helped drive Warnaco Inc to stellar third-quarter results despite a nearly $8m charge for its soon-to-be-sold Ocean Pacifi...
Iconix Brand Group Inc has again dipped its toes into the waters of the West Coast with its agreement to acquire the Ocean Pacific brand from the Warnaco Group for total consideration of about $54m....
Apparel maker Kellwood Co has reached an agreement with Phillips-Van Heusen Corp to extend its Calvin Klein women's better sportswear license for North America until 2012....
Multi-brand apparel maker The Warnaco Group has signed a long-term deal for a range of services from Accretive Commerce including store-front design, e-commerce, customer care, fulfillment, logistics,...
Clothing retailer Just Group Ltd has hired former Country Road executive Ashley Gardner as its new chief financial officer....
Upmarket apparel brand Calvin Klein, a wholly owned subsidiary of Phillips-Van Heusen, has entered an exclusive distribution agreement and retail store license for the Indian market....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020