US: Gap books "solid" sales gains in March
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc today (5 April) reported "solid" sales in March, with gains across all its units thanks to its new spring fashions.
Net sales for the five weeks to 31 March were up 10% at $1.46bn, compared with $1.33bn a year earlier. Comparable sales, which include online sales, were up 8%.
"We delivered solid sales performance in March and are pleased with customer response to product across all brands," said Glenn Murphy, chairman and CEO.
The San Francisco based retailer posted gains in its North American units of 9% at Gap, 5% at Banana Republic and 11% at Old Navy. International comparable sales were up 2%.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' August 2012 sales results. ...
A broadly positive second quarter's trading, with net profit up 29%, has led fashion retailer Gap to raise its full-year guidance, now predicting earnings per share of US$1.95-2.00....
Michael Francis, the marketing and merchandising executive who left JC Penney Company in June after just eight months at the department store retailer, is to join fashion retail giant Gap Inc as marke...
Gap Inc has opened its first stand-alone store in Mexico as part of efforts to expand in the fast-growing Latin American retail markets....
US apparel giant Gap Inc has said it is considering launching retail stores in India but stressed it is in the early stages of the process....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include Gap's response to harassment allegations at one of its suppliers in Cambodia, Chinese clothing makers seeing order losses through 2012, and the la...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry