US: Gap collaborates with DVF on second kids' line
US clothing retailer Gap has announced plans for a second GapKids and babyGap collection by designer Diane von Furstenberg.
"Diane's iconic prints, signature silhouettes and optimistic color palettes really resonated with our customers around the world," said Steve Sunnucks, global president of Gap. "After a successful first collaboration, we're thrilled to continue working with Diane and excited to see what she will bring forward in her second DVF for Gap collection."
The line is expected to be available in April in select Gap and DVF stores globally and online at gap.com.
Gap and Diane Von Furstenberg to Launch Second Kids & Baby Collection
NEW YORK, JANUARY 30, 2013 – Today Gap announced plans for a second GapKids and babyGap collection by Diane von Furstenberg. The Spring 2013 DVF for Gap collection is expected to be available for purchase in April 2013 in select GapKids, babyGap and DVF stores globally and online at Gap.com.
“Diane’s iconic prints, signature silhouettes and optimistic color palettes really resonated with our customers around the world,” said Steve Sunnucks, Global President of Gap. “After a successful first collaboration, we’re thrilled to continue working with Diane and excited to see what she will bring forward in her second DVF for Gap collection.”
Diane von Furstenberg comments, “I really loved the challenge of translating my designs into the first DVF for Gap collection. It was so much fun to see little girls wearing the pieces and I’m looking forward to collaborating with Gap on this second collection.”
About Diane von Furstenberg
One of the premier names in American fashion, Diane von Furstenberg was founded in 1972 by the designer. Renowned for its iconic wrap dress and signature prints, DVF has grown into the global luxury lifestyle brand it is today. The company, headquartered in New York City, has expanded to four full collections and accessories. The range of accessories extends to shoes, handbags, small leather goods, scarves, eyewear, fine jewelry, watches and luggage. In 2011, DVF debuted a signature fragrance, DIANE. In 2012, Diane was named the most powerful woman in fashion by Forbes Magazine. DVF is now sold in over 70 countries and 85 shops worldwide.
Gap is a global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering casual, American style. The brand offers classic, iconic clothing that helps customers express their individuality through its Gap, GapKids, babyGap, GapMaternity and GapBody collections. With an optimistic point of view and belief that everyone can make their creative mark in the world, Gap embodies what it means to be bright. Founded in San Francisco in 1969 by Donald G. Fisher and Doris F. Fisher, the brand has grown from one store to over 1,500 company-operated and franchise retail locations around the world. Gap is the namesake brand for leading global specialty retailer, Gap Inc. (NYSE: GPS) which includes Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta. For more information, please visit www.gapinc.com.
Original source: http://www.gapinc.com/content/gapinc/html/media/pressrelease/2013/med_pr_Gap_DVF_Second_Collection.html
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024