US: Gap coy on Fast Retailing takeover talk
Gap's share price rose nearly 8% to US$33.80 at midday on Friday (15 February), fuelled by rumours of a potential takeover, according to a report on CNBC.
However, a spokesperson for Gap told just-style today: "We do not comment on rumours or speculation."
Fast Retailing, meanwhile, has not yet responded to requests for comment.
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, last month said it expects to book record sales and profits in its current financial year after reporting "considerable gains" across its business during the first quarter.
Last November, Fast Retailing said it will acquire an 80.1% stake in fashion firm J Brand as it looks to strengthen its position in the US.
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has booked an 8% rise in sales for the second quarter, boosted by increases at Old Navy and its namesake brand....
This report provides an update of business news in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company strategies; corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial results; intern...
Fast Retailing, which owns the Uniqlo brand, has signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh. ...
Department store retailer JC Penney has appointed Debra Berman as its new senior vice president of marketing....
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- PSF 2015: GAFTI gears for change in apparel auditi
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- El Corte Ingles to accelerate time to market
- Honduras “union-busting” rift unresolved
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019