US: Gap coy on Fast Retailing takeover talk
Gap's share price rose nearly 8% to US$33.80 at midday on Friday (15 February), fuelled by rumours of a potential takeover, according to a report on CNBC.
However, a spokesperson for Gap told just-style today: "We do not comment on rumours or speculation."
Fast Retailing, meanwhile, has not yet responded to requests for comment.
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, last month said it expects to book record sales and profits in its current financial year after reporting "considerable gains" across its business during the first quarter.
Last November, Fast Retailing said it will acquire an 80.1% stake in fashion firm J Brand as it looks to strengthen its position in the US.
More than 150 companies have now signed the new Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in April last year, which killed more than 1,...
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Menswear in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has booked an 8% rise in sales for the second quarter, boosted by increases at Old Navy and its namesake brand....
Menswear in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptio...
Fast Retailing, which owns the Uniqlo brand, has signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh. ...
Apparel Retail in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contai...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects