US: Gap coy on Fast Retailing takeover talk
Gap's share price rose nearly 8% to US$33.80 at midday on Friday (15 February), fuelled by rumours of a potential takeover, according to a report on CNBC.
However, a spokesperson for Gap told just-style today: "We do not comment on rumours or speculation."
Fast Retailing, meanwhile, has not yet responded to requests for comment.
Fast Retailing, which operates the Uniqlo casual clothing brand, last month said it expects to book record sales and profits in its current financial year after reporting "considerable gains" across its business during the first quarter.
Last November, Fast Retailing said it will acquire an 80.1% stake in fashion firm J Brand as it looks to strengthen its position in the US.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Fast Retailing Co Ltd aims to strengthen its position overseas to become the world’s number one apparel manufacturer and retailer. The company announced that it has a target to achieve annual group sa...
Menswear in South Korea industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has booked an 8% rise in sales for the second quarter, boosted by increases at Old Navy and its namesake brand....
Menswear in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descriptio...
Fast Retailing, which owns the Uniqlo brand, has signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh. ...
Apparel Retail in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contai...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change