US: Gap expands outlet business to Canada
Clothing retailer Gap Inc has opened its first Banana Republic and Gap Factory Stores in Canada.
Both stores are to be located at the Vaughan Mills Mall in Ontario.
They are part of the company's outlet division, which operates several hundred Banana Republic Factory Stores and Gap Outlet stores in the US, UK and Japan.
"During our meeting with investors last week, we described our focus on improving our core brands while we also identified growth opportunities in our international and online businesses," said Art Peck, president of Gap Inc outlet and EVP of corporate strategy and operations.
"Bringing our outlet brands to Canada is a perfect next step in our growth strategy, as we match our Canadian customers with the strongest value expressions of our brand."
Gap operates 188 Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy stores across Canada, including the two new outlet stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US retail giant Gap Inc has announced that its recently-acquired Athleta brand is now available through the company's e-commerce site....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' March 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Global retailer Gap Inc has announced that its CEO Glenn Murphy was compensated around US$9.33m for the 2008 fiscal year, including his salary, bonus, stock awards, option awards and others....
Gap Inc's upmarket Banana Republic chain is to trial a new store selling accessories priced at less than $100 to appeal to shoppers seeking a quick-fix wardrobe update....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Specialty clothing retailer The Gap Inc is to reduce the size of its board from 13 to 10 members, and lower directors' pay as part of an ongoing focus on cost-cutting....
Gap Inc has joined a new business coalition called Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP), which is seeking strong US climate and energy policies in 2009 to spur clean energy and re...
US specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has posted a 12% drop in February sales, with declines across all its business divisions....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar