US: Gap Inc acquires Intermix for US$130m
Gap Inc has acquired New York-based multi-brand women's wear retailer Intermix for approximately US$130m.
Intermix operates 32 boutiques across North America and an e-commerce site, offering a mix of luxury brands and up-and-coming designers.
Gap said it sees an opportunity to expand Intermix's network of stores, and add significant visibility and enhancements to its online site.
"We're thrilled to have found a partner that has the global scale and infrastructure required to support our vision for growth," said Intermix co-founder Khajak Keledjian. "Gap Inc. shares many of our entrepreneurial roots, passion for innovation and customer experience. Together, we'll continue to shape the future of retail by offering the most exciting fashion trends with the finest designers in the world."
The acquisition is Gap's first since 2008, when it acquired Athleta, which Gap developed from a catalogue business to a "strong e-commerce platform and bricks-and-mortar presence".
The deal completed on 31 December.
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has seen its financial year get off to a "strong start" with profit jumping 43% thanks to sales gains at its namesake and Old Navy chains....
Crailar Technologies, developer of the Crailar Flax fibre, is the latest company to join the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), which is working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of glo...
A group of North American retailers has gone its own way on strengthening safety efforts at Bangladesh garment factories, setting up a new initiative said to offer a long-term solution that also offer...
More retailers and brands have joined the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh ahead of the midnight deadline (15 May). ...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Bad sourcing blamed for pressure on retail margins
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Trump’s China tariff a self-serving sound-bite
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- $360m logistics investment to benefit Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)