US: Gap Inc acquires Intermix for US$130m
Gap Inc has acquired New York-based multi-brand women's wear retailer Intermix for approximately US$130m.
Intermix operates 32 boutiques across North America and an e-commerce site, offering a mix of luxury brands and up-and-coming designers.
Gap said it sees an opportunity to expand Intermix's network of stores, and add significant visibility and enhancements to its online site.
"We're thrilled to have found a partner that has the global scale and infrastructure required to support our vision for growth," said Intermix co-founder Khajak Keledjian. "Gap Inc. shares many of our entrepreneurial roots, passion for innovation and customer experience. Together, we'll continue to shape the future of retail by offering the most exciting fashion trends with the finest designers in the world."
The acquisition is Gap's first since 2008, when it acquired Athleta, which Gap developed from a catalogue business to a "strong e-commerce platform and bricks-and-mortar presence".
The deal completed on 31 December.
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has seen its financial year get off to a "strong start" with profit jumping 43% thanks to sales gains at its namesake and Old Navy chains....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details