US: Gap Inc acquires Intermix for US$130m
Gap Inc has acquired New York-based multi-brand women's wear retailer Intermix for approximately US$130m.
Intermix operates 32 boutiques across North America and an e-commerce site, offering a mix of luxury brands and up-and-coming designers.
Gap said it sees an opportunity to expand Intermix's network of stores, and add significant visibility and enhancements to its online site.
"We're thrilled to have found a partner that has the global scale and infrastructure required to support our vision for growth," said Intermix co-founder Khajak Keledjian. "Gap Inc. shares many of our entrepreneurial roots, passion for innovation and customer experience. Together, we'll continue to shape the future of retail by offering the most exciting fashion trends with the finest designers in the world."
The acquisition is Gap's first since 2008, when it acquired Athleta, which Gap developed from a catalogue business to a "strong e-commerce platform and bricks-and-mortar presence".
The deal completed on 31 December.
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has seen its financial year get off to a "strong start" with profit jumping 43% thanks to sales gains at its namesake and Old Navy chains....
Crailar Technologies, developer of the Crailar Flax fibre, is the latest company to join the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), which is working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of glo...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead