US: Gap lifts outlook as Q3 profit surges 60%
- Q3 profit jumped 60% to $308m
- Net sales rose 8% to $3.86bn
- Comparable sales increased 6%
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has raised its full-year earnings guidance after third-quarter profit surged 60% thanks to higher sales of new and revamped product lines.
The San Francisco-based business said the results underscore its continued progress on key business strategies.
"We're very pleased with our strong third quarter financial performance, highlighted by how well customers have responded to our product," said Glenn Murphy, chairman and CEO.
"We are ready to compete and win this holiday season as we drive to build upon our top line growth."
Net income in the three months to 27 October jumped to $308m or $0.63 per share, up from last year's $193m or $0.38 per share.
Net sales rose 8% to $3.86bn, up from $3.59bn a year earlier.
Comparable sales increased 6%, with gains across the company's North American businesses. A rise of 7% was seen at Gap, Banana Republic was up 6%, and Old Navy surged 9%. But international comps fell 3%.
Given its progress in the year so far, the retailer raised its full-year earnings forecast to between $2.20 and $2.25 per share - which compares with $1.56 per share the year before.
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
Gap Inc has said that net sales increased 7% over the first quarter, with growth driven by Gap and Old Navy. ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Reports filed by companies including Gap Inc, Gymboree Corp, Nike Inc, H&M and Wal-Mart Stores to comply with a Washington State law are said to have shown "chemicals of high concern" in products made...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing