USA: Gap Loses Another Executive
Another long-serving executive has quit Gap, the company announced today. Lisa Schultz, executive vice president for product design and development, has left the company after 13 years service to "pursue other opportunities."Schultz's departure comes just one month after Jim Nevins, Gap's marketing chief, also left the company. Other executives to leave the struggling retailer this year include: Jeanne Jackson, head of Banana Republic and Gap Online; John Wilson, COO; Chuck Ferer, senior financial officer for the Old Navy division; and Steve Pearson, senior VP of business development.Commenting on Schultz's decision to leave the company, Millard Drexler, Gap's president and CEO, said: "For the past 13 years, Lisa has been an important part of the team that helped build Gap brand product. I respect her decision and wish her well." The company today named Jerome M. Jessup Schultz's replacement. Jessup was previously head of product design and development for the company's Banana Republic brand. In his new position, Jessup will lead all Gap brand apparel and accessories product development worldwide, reporting to Millard Drexler. Jessup joined Gap in 1993 as vice president of Product Design for Banana Republic. He was promoted to senior vice president, Product Development, in 1997, and was named executive vice president for Product Design and Development in 1998. "Jerome's creative talent and leadership will strengthen product development for Gap brand," Drexler said. "He combines strong creative vision with an ability to motivate a team and strategically manage the product development process." A search is being launched for Jessup's successor at Banana Republic. The company expressed its confidence in the ability of Banana Republic's senior design team to lead product development until the search is complete. "The strength and depth of the product development team at Banana Republic is a testament to Jerome's management and leadership," Drexler said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack