USA: Gap Loses Technical Chief To Ai
Steve Pearson has quit Gap to join Ai as the company's senior vice president for business development. He is the latest in a line of senior executives to leave the California-based company over the past year. Mr Pearson, who had been with Gap for over 21 years, worked in a range of merchandising, production and sourcing positions. Prior to joining Ai, Steve was the company's vice president for international sourcing and technical services.The news comes after Lazard LLC retail industry analyst Todd Slater downgraded his investment rating for Gap Inc from buy to hold and lowered his 12-month price target to $36 a share from $55. Slater believes it will be difficult for Gap to sustain its record high margins and the changes at executive level are also a cause for concern, just-style reported on July 11."We are hopeful that the company's new merchandising initiatives at the Gap and Old Navy brands will bear fruit in the second half," Slater said. "While this could well happen, there is increasing risk that a slowing consumer, combined with accelerating supply, could conspire to pressure margins and cause a greater deceleration in earning growth than is already forecasted."Walter T. Wilhelm, President of Ai, commented on Mr Pearson's appointment: "Steve brings a wealth of experience and expertise that can help Ai to better position the company's products and services."Mr Pearson's new responsibilities include identifying product and strategic partnership opportunities for the sewn goods vertical B2B marketplace for apparel, footwear, textile and accessory producers. Using his experience in sourcing and procurement, he will build partnerships around the world that compliment Ai's core application of online collaborative product development. About AiAi is an ICG (www.internetcapital.com) partner, one of over 60 of their investments focused on global B2B marketplaces. For additional information visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – PVH Corp, J Crew, Perry Ellis
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective