US: Gap makes forays in three countries
Fashion retailer Gap is making new forays into Paraguay, Hungary and Mexico with its Gap and Banana Republic brands.
The US company has signed a new agreement with existing franchise partner Neutral to open the first Gap store in Paraguay later this year – after Neutral launched Gap in Uruguay last November.
The first two Gap stores in Budapest will open this year through a deal with another existing franchise partner, Gottex Brands.
And, in Mexico, Banana Republic will open its first free-standing store in late 2013 through an existing agreement with retail partner Distribuidora Liverpool.
Previously, Banana Republic had been present via “store-within-a-store” concepts in Liverpool department stores.
Gap said that, by the end of this year, it would have a presence in eight Latin American countries: Chile, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Paraguay, Peru and Brazil – with plans to add Costa Rica in the near future.
Fashion retail group Gap recorded a near-10% rise in third-quarter profit as comparable store sales continued to increase across its business....
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Judith Langley as the executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of its Dressbarn brand....
Speciality clothing retailer Gap Inc has posted a 4% rise in comparable sales in October, thanks to gains at all three of its global brands....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has promoted Sonia Syngal to lead the company's global supply chain division....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has signed an exclusive franchise agreement with luxury fashion firm Oroton Group to develop the brand in Australia and New Zealand....
Upscale denim brand True Religion Apparel has tapped Gap's Rosella Giuliani as its new senior vice president of merchandising with immediate effect....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020