MEXICO: Gap opens first standalone store in Mexico
Gap Inc has opened its first stand-alone store in Mexico as part of efforts to expand in the fast-growing Latin American retail markets.
Gap previously offered its products through a franchise concession in Liverpool Department Stores throughout Mexico.
The company said the stand-alone store opening "signifies an evolution in consumer awareness and affinity for the Gap brand and Gap Inc's continuing focus on providing American style to consumers around the globe".
The store builds on the firm's existing wholesale relationship with Distribuidora Liverpool. Located in the newly designed Interlomas Mall in the suburb of Iterlomas, just outside Mexico City, the 10,000 square foot store will offer Gap, GapKids and babyGap collections.
The company has also extended its existing agreement with retail partner Superior International to open its first Gap stores in Bogota and Medellin in Columbia next month. A Banana Republic store will also open later this year in Medellin.
In Uruguay, the company has signed a new agreement with Neutral Duty Free to open the first Gap store in the country later this year.
"Latin America hosts some of the fastest growing retail markets in the world with extremely high brand recognition for both Gap and Banana Republic," said Gap's managing director of strategic alliances, Stefan Laban.
"This, combined with the tremendous response to the launch of Gap and Banana Republic in Chile and Panamá, makes us confident there is significant opportunity for our brands in Uruguay, as well as other countries in the region."
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' February 2013 sales results. It is worth noting that from this month, a number of retailers are no longer reporting their sales res...
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has reported 3% growth in February comparable store sales, driven by an extra week during the month and gains from its acquisition of multi-brand women's wear retai...
US surf wear brand Quiksilver has announced a series of senior management changes as part of efforts to turnaround the business, following the appointment of a new president and CEO in January. ...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy