MEXICO: Gap opens first standalone store in Mexico
Gap Inc has opened its first stand-alone store in Mexico as part of efforts to expand in the fast-growing Latin American retail markets.
Gap previously offered its products through a franchise concession in Liverpool Department Stores throughout Mexico.
The company said the stand-alone store opening "signifies an evolution in consumer awareness and affinity for the Gap brand and Gap Inc's continuing focus on providing American style to consumers around the globe".
The store builds on the firm's existing wholesale relationship with Distribuidora Liverpool. Located in the newly designed Interlomas Mall in the suburb of Iterlomas, just outside Mexico City, the 10,000 square foot store will offer Gap, GapKids and babyGap collections.
The company has also extended its existing agreement with retail partner Superior International to open its first Gap stores in Bogota and Medellin in Columbia next month. A Banana Republic store will also open later this year in Medellin.
In Uruguay, the company has signed a new agreement with Neutral Duty Free to open the first Gap store in the country later this year.
"Latin America hosts some of the fastest growing retail markets in the world with extremely high brand recognition for both Gap and Banana Republic," said Gap's managing director of strategic alliances, Stefan Laban.
"This, combined with the tremendous response to the launch of Gap and Banana Republic in Chile and Panamá, makes us confident there is significant opportunity for our brands in Uruguay, as well as other countries in the region."
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' February 2013 sales results. It is worth noting that from this month, a number of retailers are no longer reporting their sales res...
2013 got off to a strong start for US clothing and footwear retailers in January, with many reporting their best performance since September 2011....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has reported 3% growth in February comparable store sales, driven by an extra week during the month and gains from its acquisition of multi-brand women's wear retai...
US surf wear brand Quiksilver has announced a series of senior management changes as part of efforts to turnaround the business, following the appointment of a new president and CEO in January. ...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report