US: Gap posts 6% rise in September comparable sales
Specialist clothing retailer Gap Inc has today (4 October) booked a 6% rise in comparable sales during September on the back of gains at its North American divisions.
Net sales increased 8% to US$1.45bn for the five weeks ended 29 September, compared to $1.35bn the same period last year.
The San Francisco-based retailer saw comparable sales growth in all of its North American business units, with Gap recording a 5% gain, Banana Republic posting 4% growth and Old Navy booking a 10% increase in comparable store sales.
However, international comparable store sales declined 3%, against a 13% fall last year.
"In September, strong customer response to trend-right product across all brands helped us deliver continued positive performance in North America," said Glenn Murphy, chairman and chief executive officer of Gap Inc.
Year-to-date net sales increased 6% to $9.71bn, while comparable sales rose 5% compared to a 3% decrease last year.
This report analyzes the worldwide market for Denim Jeans in US$ Million and Million Units....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' February 2013 sales results. It is worth noting that from this month, a number of retailers are no longer reporting their sales res...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Gap is making huge strides in becoming more responsive to what its customers really want, with a new "less is more" philosophy combining with improved speed to market so that it is able to take fewer ...
US women's wear retailer Ascena Retail Group has appointed Erin Stern as its executive vice president and chief merchandising officer of the Maurices brand....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- Abercrombie & Fitch to lose logos in fashion focus
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- US cotton production set to decline
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details