US: Gap posts flat comparable store sales in December
Clothing giant Gap Inc has reported flat comparable store sales for the month of December, dampened by lower demand at Old Navy.
The San Francisco-based retailer said comparable store sales increased 1% at Gap, were flat at Banana Republic, but slipped 2% at Old Navy.
Net sales reached US$2.05bn during the five weeks to 4 January, down 1.4% from $2.08bn in the same period of the prior year.
During the November and December holiday shopping period, Gap saw comparable store sales edge up 1%. Net sales grew 2% for the nine weeks to 29 December to $3.68bn from $3.59bn in the prior year period.
"We delivered solid overall performance across our global brands this holiday season, on top of last year's strong results," said chairman and CEO Glenn Murphy.
The Gap, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
The Gap Inc has demonstrated that it understands the direction of the apparel market, and is using its digital platforms in conjunction with its physical stores to drive growth. The company has benefi...
The Gap is a US apparel specialist retailer which offers casual, mid-tier clothing. It continues to pursue a multi-tier price strategy, operating retail concepts (Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Piper...
Gap Inc’s sales performance in 2012 highlights a successful turnaround is well underway. Innovative marketing combined with an omni-channel focus places the company well to regain lost market share. G...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead