US: Gap posts flat comparable store sales in December
Clothing giant Gap Inc has reported flat comparable store sales for the month of December, dampened by lower demand at Old Navy.
The San Francisco-based retailer said comparable store sales increased 1% at Gap, were flat at Banana Republic, but slipped 2% at Old Navy.
Net sales reached US$2.05bn during the five weeks to 4 January, down 1.4% from $2.08bn in the same period of the prior year.
During the November and December holiday shopping period, Gap saw comparable store sales edge up 1%. Net sales grew 2% for the nine weeks to 29 December to $3.68bn from $3.59bn in the prior year period.
"We delivered solid overall performance across our global brands this holiday season, on top of last year's strong results," said chairman and CEO Glenn Murphy.
The Gap, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
The Gap is a US apparel specialist retailer which offers casual, mid-tier clothing. It continues to pursue a multi-tier price strategy, operating retail concepts (Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Piper...
Gap Inc’s sales performance in 2012 highlights a successful turnaround is well underway. Innovative marketing combined with an omni-channel focus places the company well to regain lost market share. G...
Apparel retailer Victorinox Fashion has appointed Jason Gallen as president of its global fashion division....
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges