US: Gap posts flat comparable store sales in December
Clothing giant Gap Inc has reported flat comparable store sales for the month of December, dampened by lower demand at Old Navy.
The San Francisco-based retailer said comparable store sales increased 1% at Gap, were flat at Banana Republic, but slipped 2% at Old Navy.
Net sales reached US$2.05bn during the five weeks to 4 January, down 1.4% from $2.08bn in the same period of the prior year.
During the November and December holiday shopping period, Gap saw comparable store sales edge up 1%. Net sales grew 2% for the nine weeks to 29 December to $3.68bn from $3.59bn in the prior year period.
"We delivered solid overall performance across our global brands this holiday season, on top of last year's strong results," said chairman and CEO Glenn Murphy.
The Gap, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
The Gap is a US apparel specialist retailer which offers casual, mid-tier clothing. It continues to pursue a multi-tier price strategy, operating retail concepts (Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Piper...
Gap Inc’s sales performance in 2012 highlights a successful turnaround is well underway. Innovative marketing combined with an omni-channel focus places the company well to regain lost market share. G...
Apparel retailer Victorinox Fashion has appointed Jason Gallen as president of its global fashion division....
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Opportunities and Applications for Digital Textile Printing
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details