USA: Gap Same-Store Sales Fall Again
There was more woe for troubled apparel giant Gap Inc on Thursday when it posted a slide in August same-store sales - its 29th consecutive fall in monthly comparable sales. The California-based operator of more than 4,200 stores under banners including Gap and Old Navy said same-store sales slipped two per cent but total sales climbed six per cent to $1.16 billion from $1.09bn in the year-ago period.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again