US: Gap silent on India speculation
Global clothing chain Gap Inc has refused to comment on Indian press reports it is looking for ways to enter the country's retail market.
The US firm has discussed a possible venture with Indian operators including Reliance Brands, Madura Garments and the Future Group, according to India's Economic Times.
"We don't comment on rumours," a spokesperson for Gap told just-style.
Gap announced plans to enter the Australian and Italian retail markets earlier this year.
While the Australian launch is with a franchise partner, the company will use existing European teams and distribution infrastructure to open its first Italian store in Milan this year, and Rome in 2011.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Achieving consistent product execution while juggling the sharp rise in cotton prices is among the top priorities at Gap Inc, and is being helped in no small way by its new focus on speed to market, t...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' October 2010 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Even though Gap Inc is upbeat about plans to grow its business online and internationally as part of a raft of strategic changes earmarked for the business over the next three to five years, the retai...
While righting its domestic business and turning top line growth into market share is seen as a priority for Gap Inc in the years ahead, another major focus for the future is international and online ...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
US clothing giant Gap Inc made its first move on the Italian retail market this weekend with the launch of a new flagship store in Milan. ...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Limited Stores files for bankruptcy protection
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022