US: Gap taps celebrities for new ad campaign
Gap Inc has again tapped a host of celebrities to launch its fall collection, the first designed by Gap head designer Patrick Robinson.
Launching in the US this week, the campaign includes appearances by movie stars Liv Tyler, Ginnifer Goodwin and Hugh Dancy.
The adverts features taglines built around the theme of "your own", with each individual providing a handwritten response to various fill-in-the-blank taglines.
"What we love about this campaign is that it speaks very directly to the ideas of self-expression and individuality," said Ivy Ross, executive vice president of Gap marketing. "'Create Your Own Gap' is about creating your own look through mixing and matching pieces that best represent you. It's about conveying who you are and what you stand for through what you wear."
Despite posting a 23% slump in January same-store sales, shares in Gap Inc rose 6% yesterday (5 January) as the largest US specialty clothing retailer lifted its earnings outlook on the back of sharp ...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' January 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The US labour union Teamsters is rolling out a new campaign called "Gap Hurts Kids" over the clothing retailer's former ties with under-fire freight provider Oak Harbor Freight Lines....
Gap has said that Mark Breitbard will return to the company as chief merchandising and creative officer — leading design and merchandising functions for Old Navy....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has lowered its earnings guidance for the year after same-store sales fell 14% in December and margins were hit by lower prices....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' December 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Footwear and apparel firm Wolverine World Wide has appointed Christopher E Hufnagel to the position of president of retail....
US retail giant Gap Inc has confirmed that Clare Dobbie, a vice president of marketing at its European unit in London, left the company this week....
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020