US: Gap to expand into Slovenia and Austria
Gap will open the stores through franchise deals
Gap Inc has revealed plans to launch in Slovenia and Austria as the apparel giant continues with its ongoing global expansion plans.
The company, which recently announced plans to begin sourcing clothing from Burma/Myanmar, said it will launch in Slovenia with new franchise partner Magistrat International, and existing partner Gottex in Austria.
In Slovenia, Gap will open three stores in the capital Ljubljana in September. Two free-standing stores will be located in City Park, the country's largest shopping centre, while the Emporium department store will be the location for the third.
In Austria, Gap will open a free-standing store in Vienna in October, located at the Donauzentrum Mall.
"We launched into five new markets last year; Hungary, Paraguay Peru, Brazil and Costa Rica, and with the opening of stores in Slovenia and Austria we now bring our iconic brand to customers through stores in almost 50 countries," said Gap brand president, Steve Sunnucks.
Gap launched its first franchise operated store in 2006 and now operates around 300 globally.
In June, the company revealed plans to begin sourcing from Myanmar. It will manufacture products from two unnamed factories in Rangoon as part of a partnership with the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Gap Inc has demonstrated that it understands the direction of the apparel market, and is using its digital platforms in conjunction with its physical stores to drive growth. The company has benefi...
Synopsis Canadean's "THE GAP, INC. : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company o...
The Gap is a US apparel specialist retailer which offers casual, mid-tier clothing. It continues to pursue a multi-tier price strategy, operating retail concepts (Banana Republic, Gap, Old Navy, Piper...
Gap Inc’s sales performance in 2012 highlights a successful turnaround is well underway. Innovative marketing combined with an omni-channel focus places the company well to regain lost market share. G...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019