US: Gap to expand into Slovenia and Austria
Gap will open the stores through franchise deals
Gap Inc has revealed plans to launch in Slovenia and Austria as the apparel giant continues with its ongoing global expansion plans.
The company, which recently announced plans to begin sourcing clothing from Burma/Myanmar, said it will launch in Slovenia with new franchise partner Magistrat International, and existing partner Gottex in Austria.
In Slovenia, Gap will open three stores in the capital Ljubljana in September. Two free-standing stores will be located in City Park, the country's largest shopping centre, while the Emporium department store will be the location for the third.
In Austria, Gap will open a free-standing store in Vienna in October, located at the Donauzentrum Mall.
"We launched into five new markets last year; Hungary, Paraguay Peru, Brazil and Costa Rica, and with the opening of stores in Slovenia and Austria we now bring our iconic brand to customers through stores in almost 50 countries," said Gap brand president, Steve Sunnucks.
Gap launched its first franchise operated store in 2006 and now operates around 300 globally.
In June, the company revealed plans to begin sourcing from Myanmar. It will manufacture products from two unnamed factories in Rangoon as part of a partnership with the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Gap Inc has demonstrated that it understands the direction of the apparel market, and is using its digital platforms in conjunction with its physical stores to drive growth. The company has benefi...
Gap Inc appears firmly set on recovery, thanks to a renewed focus on style and quality, a good customer response towards its e-commerce initiative and stabilisation of market share in the US, its home...
Introduction Menswear in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile ......
Introduction Menswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ......
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020