US: Gap to expand into Slovenia and Austria
Gap will open the stores through franchise deals
Gap Inc has revealed plans to launch in Slovenia and Austria as the apparel giant continues with its ongoing global expansion plans.
The company, which recently announced plans to begin sourcing clothing from Burma/Myanmar, said it will launch in Slovenia with new franchise partner Magistrat International, and existing partner Gottex in Austria.
In Slovenia, Gap will open three stores in the capital Ljubljana in September. Two free-standing stores will be located in City Park, the country's largest shopping centre, while the Emporium department store will be the location for the third.
In Austria, Gap will open a free-standing store in Vienna in October, located at the Donauzentrum Mall.
"We launched into five new markets last year; Hungary, Paraguay Peru, Brazil and Costa Rica, and with the opening of stores in Slovenia and Austria we now bring our iconic brand to customers through stores in almost 50 countries," said Gap brand president, Steve Sunnucks.
Gap launched its first franchise operated store in 2006 and now operates around 300 globally.
In June, the company revealed plans to begin sourcing from Myanmar. It will manufacture products from two unnamed factories in Rangoon as part of a partnership with the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
Gap Inc appears firmly set on recovery, thanks to a renewed focus on style and quality, a good customer response towards its e-commerce initiative and stabilisation of market share in the US, its home...
Introduction Menswear in Japan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile ......
Introduction Menswear in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). ......
Introduction Global Childrenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 20......
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)