JAPAN: Gap to open 5 more Banana Republic stores
Top fashion company Gap said it will open five more Banana Republic store locations in Japan in autumn this year.
With these new store locations, Banana Republic will have a total of thirteen store locations in Japan.
The company will open the first freestanding Banana Republic store in Japan on 25 August in Fukuoka in the Kyushu district.
It also plans to open four shops-in-shops in major cities Nagoya, Tachikawa, Hiroshima and Kawasaki.
"We are pleased with the initial success of our existing Banana Republic stores in Japan, and are excited to bring the brand to more customers in new markets with these additional stores," said Kentaro Odagiri, VP and managing Director of Banana Republic Japan.
"We are especially delighted to open a freestanding Banana Republic store in Fukuoka, one of the most important cities in the Kyushu area."
Banana Republic also plans to offer a series of women's limited edition handbags to celebrate these new openings.
Gap opened its first Banana Republic stores in Japan in autumn last year, the chain's first store locations outside North America.
The chain sells modern interpretations of classic fashion for women and men.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
With China hamstrung by temporary quota restrictions for another year or two and expected to be less competitive afterwards, and the EU and US likely to be more protectionist against China than they w...
Apparel exports to the US from Egyptian qualified industrial zones are soaring, manufacturing investments are on the up, and retailers and importers are putting more business into the country. Jozef D...
There may be limited job security for employees at embattled Gap Inc, including chief executive Paul Pressler, but the job market for its former executives remains active and buoyant....
Shares of Gap Inc soared 7.3% on heavy volume in New York Stock Exchange trading Monday (8 January) following a televised report that the giant apparel specialty retailer might be considering a sale....
Apparel retailer Gap Inc is reviewing strategies for its Gap and Old Navy chains after another set of dismal results....
Pacific Sunwear of California has extended the term of Thomas Kennedy, president of the PacSun division, for one year, until 31 March 2008....
Gap Inc's latest factory inspection and performance data shows that in 2005 the company's team of Vendor Compliance Officers (VCOs) conducted 4,438 factory inspections in 2,118 garment factories aroun...
A new report from the Ethical Trading Action Group (ETAG) says Levi Strauss, Reebok, Mountain Equipment, Adidas and Gap Inc are among the best when it comes to telling consumers about their labour sta...
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar