BRAZIL: Gap to open first stores as early as next year
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has revealed plans to open its first standalone stores in Brazil next autumn, as part of its ongoing global expansion strategy.
The retailer has signed an agreement with Tudo Bom Comércio to open the first two stores in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janerio next autumn. The stores will sell the Gap, GapKids and babyGap collections.
Gap previously offered its products solely through duty-free channels in Brazil, and says it plans to expand its store base in the country over the next five years.
"Brazil is a critical next step in our global expansion strategy and we are excited to introduce our store experience to customers," said Stefan Laban, managing director of strategic alliances at Gap.
"Given that Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world and the largest Latin American economy, we feel that this market provides us with an incredible growth opportunity."
Gap first expanded into Latin America in 2011 with stores in Santiago, Chile. The retailer has since opened stores in Uruguay, Panama, Colombia and Mexico.
The Gap Inc offers casual, mid-tier clothing to Mexican consumers through department stores and recently in 2012 by opening its first flagship Gap store in the country....
US retailer The Wet Seal has appointed Lesli Gilbert as EVP, stores and operations. ...
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc posted a 7% increase in May comparable store sales after customers responded positively to summer products across its brands....
Specialty clothing retailer Gap Inc has seen its financial year get off to a "strong start" with profit jumping 43% thanks to sales gains at its namesake and Old Navy chains....
Crailar Technologies, developer of the Crailar Flax fibre, is the latest company to join the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), which is working to reduce the environmental and social impacts of glo...
A group of North American retailers has gone its own way on strengthening safety efforts at Bangladesh garment factories, setting up a new initiative said to offer a long-term solution that also offer...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019