US: Gap to upgrade and expand Hudson Valley DC
The investment is being made in a bid to support the growth of Gap
US apparel giant Gap Inc is to invest US$69m upgrading and expanding its Hudson Valley distribution centre.
The upgrade, which will include the purchase of new machinery and equipment, is being made in a bid to support the growth of the company. The investment is expected to create up to 1,200 new jobs over the next five years.
Empire State Development is providing the company with up to $12m in tax credits tied to job creation and investment commitments.
Senior vice president of global logistics for Gap, Shawn Curran, said: "As Gap Inc. continues to grow we are expanding our Northeast distribution capacity through infrastructure investment. With $96m in capital investment and the addition of 1,200 new jobs by June of 2019, Fishkill will continue to be a priority for us.
"Our Fishkill Distribution Center Campus serves a vital role for us in providing great service to our customers throughout the Northeast and we are thrilled with the growth opportunity for the community."
The Alliance for Bangladesh Worker Safety has appointed Vidiya Amrit Khan, director of the Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) to its board of advisors....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack