VIETNAM: Garment And Textile Exports On The Increase
Vietnam's garment and textile industry registered an export turnover of more than $1.5bn in the first ten months of this year, equalling 104.4 percent of that of the same period last year. The country's garment and textile industry will earn $1.9bn from exports in 2000, an increase of 8.7 per cent over 1999, according to Vietnam News Agency (VNA). Vietnam's exports to quota markets such as the EU, Canada, and Turkey will contribute $720-730m, or a year-on-year increase of 15 per cent. This figure will amount to 39 per cent of the industry's total export turnover of Vietnam. Meanwhile, the country's exports to off-quota markets including Japan and the United States are expected to rise 17 per cent over 1999.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar