VIETNAM: Garment Exports On Course To Hit $3.2bn
Officials from the Vietnam Garment and Textile Association (Vinatex) said domestic clothing and textile firms exported soft goods worth $250 million in January, not $26m as mistakenly reported on just-style.com earlier this week.
The industry enjoyed record orders in 2002 of $2.7bn as it reaped the rewards of a bilateral trade agreement with the US and the decision by many companies in the US and EU to move to offshore manufacturing.
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020