PORTUGAL: Garment Exports To EU Slide 14.2%
Portugal saw shipments of garments to the EU plummet 14.2 per cent to €550.3 million in the first quarter of 2005, according to statistics from the Portuguese National Statistics Institute.
In the same period last year, exports of clothing to the EU were worth €641.4m.
Portugal's revenue from the EU garment and textiles markets contribute to 11 per cent and 5.0 per cent respectively of the country's total exports to the EU.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"