SRI LANKA: Garment Factories Get Into REDI-to-Wear
REDI-to-Wear, EDIasia's e-commerce product, has been installed E*Trade in three Sri Lankan garment factories. Hirdaramani Garments and Lux Shirts, are suppliers to the New York-based buying company Liz Claiborne Inc. Recognising that, unless it is handled properly any change to business processes can be painful, EDIasia's EDI support manager Jimmy Cheng worked with Nalaka Devendra and his team at E*Trade to ensure that the management and staff of the factories saw the introduction of EDI as a business bonus. Both Hirdaramani and Lux Shirts are initially using REDI-to-Wear to receive Liz Claiborne purchase orders at one of their factories. As Hirdaramani's merchandising manager said: "When the local Liz Claiborne office calls us up to ask how the packing is progressing I can use REDI-to-Wear to see exactly how many garments have been packed ready for loading. Before I have had to tell them that I would call back and then had to go and look myself. Now I can give them an accurate answer instantly." During the same week E*Trade also implemented EDI in one of the largest Sri Lankan suppliers to GAP Inc. In the medium term this company will use REDI-to-Wear to transparently link with the new ERP system that will control their production operations at various factories.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report