USA: Garment Firm Scoops $9m Military Order
Garment maker Campbellsville Apparel Co was celebrating on Wednesday after it scooped a $9 million military contract.
The Kentucky-based company was awarded the deal by the Department of Defence and will now produce thousands of men's white and brown crewneck undershirts.
The four-year-old firm currently employs around 200 workers but is now considering taking on extra staff.
"This will help the area's economy and give Campbellsville Apparel and its workers a sense of pride that they are producing clothing for our soldiers fighting the war on terrorism," said US Senator Jim Bunning in a statement.
He added the company already has three contracts to make undershirts for the Army, Marines, Coast Guard and Air Force as well as briefs for several military divisions.
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
Nonwovens producer Polymer Group Inc is increasing the price of nonwoven roll goods in North America by up to 12 per cent, blaming rapid increases in raw material and energy costs....
Innovo Group Inc has hired Elena Pickett as its vice president of sales. In this new position for the company, Ms Pickett will primarily oversee and direct sales for the branded apparel lines, which i...
Sri Lankan clothing maker Jinadasa Garments has set up its third production unit in Africa. The new plant, which operates under the name of California Link (Ghana) Ltd, expands the company's two exist...
Market trend and merchandising strategy source The Doneger Group has appointed Janine Blain to head up its new West Coast operations....
Italian customs police have uncovered €1.8 million worth of fake-branded trainers imported from China. ...
Fashion apparel and accessories company Liz Claiborne Inc has made a number of senior leadership appointments and organisational changes in line with its growth strategies....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Where next for retailers in a saturated market?
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Inventory risk shifts in favour of retailers
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020