SRI LANKA: Garment Firms To Create 10,000 Rural Jobs
Officials in Columbo said up to 30 clothing factories have expressed an interest in the scheme which aims to create widespread employment opportunities in rural areas across the country.
In return for creating new jobs, the apparel makers will be offered a range of tax incentives and duty-free concessions while the government has also pledged to improve local infrastructure.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack