UZBEKISTAN: Garment JV To Invest $5m In Operations
A garment manufacturing joint venture in Uzbekistan is to invest up to $5 million in new operations in a move that will boost exports by up to 30 per cent from 2004 and create 1,000 jobs. Founded by an Uzbekistan company and a Turkish firm six months ago, Shayhontohur Textile currently employs around 500 workers who produce knitted clothing for export to the US and EU.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"