USA: Garmentrade And Essentus Form Alliance
Garmentrade Corp and Essentus Inc's Fashionchain division have announced an alliance under which the two companies will co-market product and services to their customer base.
Under the agreement, Garmentrade will use Fashionchain's Sourcing Server as the engine to enable Garmentrade customers to track complex pre-production and production processes as well as sourcing operations on the web.
The announcement was made today by Florent Saint-Clair, CEO of Garmentrade, and Michael Wybo, senior vice president and managing director of Fashionchain. Garmentrade is a provider of web-based sourcing solutions to conduct and manage the procurement of fabric and trims for the apparel industry. Fashionchain is a provider of web-based supply chain management products and services for softgoods manufacturers, distributors, retailers and importers worldwide.
"Garmentrade's alliance with Fashionchain enables us to offer a true end-to-end solution for our customers," said Saint-Clair. "Trading partners who are members of the Garmentrade system can now - through our interface with Fashionchain - extend the benefits of online supply chain collaboration and business tracking into their retail activities. At the same time, Garmentrade can continue to focus energies on our core business of facilitating the selling of fabric worldwide."
"Fashionchain's supply chain management and automated calendaring applications replace the softgoods industry's traditional, labour- and time-intensive production tracking tools," noted Fashionchain's Wybo. "Garmentrade's platform coupled with Fashionchain's Sourcing Server allows users to efficiently manage and monitor activities - locally or globally - throughout the supply chain."
About Garmentrade Corp
Garmentrade Corp (www.garmentrade.com) is a global, web-based, e-commerce and collaboration solution for the apparel and textile industry. The site provides tools to assist manufacturers, fabric and trim suppliers better manage their business activities, streamline communications and open up an online marketplace for textiles, trims and services.
Fashionchain (www.fashionchain.com), the e-commerce division of Essentus, Inc, offers a suite of Web-based products and services that enable softgoods manufacturers and retailers to collaborate with customers and suppliers in real-time for unprecedented speed to market, precision, and cost savings.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack