USA: Garmentrade Launches E-Commerce Trading Platform
Business on the web just got better for apparel manufacturers, designers, textile mills and sales representatives Garmentrade said today. Garmentrade delivered its global Internet e-commerce application to more than a dozen industry trading partners on October 25. Charter businesses are already employing Garmentrade's online tools, which include virtual conceptboards, calendars and purchase order management, in addition to textile sourcing and catalogue functionality. Honing its product since 1998, Garmentrade spent the weeks prior to the launch preparing its first members for the integration of the application's tools within their companies. Member data and profiles were collected to ensure the transition to the Internet platform went smoothly and so far the buzz has been nothing but positive. "Once a trading partner signs on, we take them through an introductory training course to familiarise them with the application and show them how to integrate it into their daily business routine," explains vice president of Product Development, Betty Smith, "and once we enter their information into the system they're up and running in a matter of minutes."The Internet-based platform, which was initially architected by an e-commerce veteran from Netscape, will help accelerate time to market and create cost efficiencies for both textile and apparel manufacturers. Thanks to this innovative technology backed by a management team with more than 150 years of combined domain expertise on both the apparel and technology sides, users are able to:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020