JORDAN: Garments Account For 33.6% Of 2003 Exports
Garments topped Jordan's exports in 2003 according to the latest statistical bulletin issued by the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Garments accounted for 33.6 per cent or JD477.9 million of the country's total exports the report showed.
Exports of all products from the Qualified Industrial Zones (QIZs) rose by 53.5 per cent or JD144.6 million, reaching around JD415.1 million, according to the bulletin figures.
The US accounted for 53.7 per cent of the rise in the country's exports, followed by Syria at 37.8 per cent.
The US was also Jordan's major economic partner in 2003, accounting for 28.5 per cent or JD467.9 million of the Kingdom's total exports.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022