THE PHILIPPINES: Garment/Textile Exports Slip 9 Per Cent
Garment and textile exports from the Philippines plunged nearly nine per cent year-on-year in the first eight months of 2002 to $1.9 billion, new figures released by trade chiefs showed on Thursday. Statistics from the Garments and Textile Export Board revealed exports to the key US market slumped 11.9 per cent to $1.4bn but exports to the EU rose about four per cent to $220.6 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth